May 27, 2009

Pretty Neat

So I'm having an over-the-fence conversation with our neighbour while our daughters are playing in the sandbox together and he asks me, "What are you working on these days?" To which I replied, "I just finished adapting the first season of Pretty Cure. It just started airing on YTV..." When his ten-year-old daughter jumps in, "Pretty Cure?! I love that show!" Then to her dad, "It's about two girls who are given super powers and have to fight these bad guys from another dimension."

Couldn't have said it much better myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Very neat. Must make it more tangible for you in a way too, to actually see/hear a fan of the show and know that your work affects her enjoyment of it.

May 27, 2009 2:44 PM  
Blogger Angelo said...

It was the first time that's ever happened with the Anime stuff. One of Esther's male cousins is a big fan of my other series, Hunter X Hunter, but this was the first random encounter. Most people I talk to have no idea what I'm even talking about when I try to explain my day job. It was oddly validating with the girl's father, who operates a train engine for a living and generally seems bemused by how I spend my days.

May 28, 2009 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home