April 24, 2009

Phew

I sit here at my desk with an odd sensation: I have nothing to do. Not that there aren't a dozen stories waiting to be written in my Idea file, (an expanding manila folder filled with scraps of paper covered in hastily scribbled notes and articles culled from various publications that tweaked a train of thought I didn't have time to climb aboard in the moment), but I have no deadlines. No wolves howling at the door.

I've just come through the most intense season of my career, having written three anime series comprising 105 half-hour episodes, an ultimately ill-fated re-imagining of a beloved animation series, 18 video scripts, innumerable pitches/proposals and a documentary script (shooting this weekend!) for Lank Beach, and major rewrites on two feature film scripts. All of which was accomplished primarily evenings, nights and weekends since I've been a work-from-home dad to a singularly beautiful and rambunctious daughter who was born twenty months ago, just as all of this work was germinating.

I need a nap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

High five, friend. That's a serious run of productive, creative work.

April 25, 2009 11:55 AM  
Blogger Angelo said...

Thanks. Come to think of it, I need to go and ride bikes in the woods with a friend more than I need a nap.

April 26, 2009 11:38 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Well said, well said.

April 26, 2009 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home