September 06, 2004

About Sunday...

Last week I was able to screen an advanced edit of 'On a Sunday,' a short film I wrote for Bevan Klassen and 40 Below Films out of Winnipeg, Manitoba. The story for 'On a Sunday' was culled from my childhood memories of growing up in a certain farming community just south of Winnipeg. It's probably the most personal thing I've ever written for the screen, and I was anxious about how it was going be handled. However, Bevan and his filmmaking team have crafted something unique and authentic with this film, and I'm proud to have been its author.

Anyone with a special place in their hearts for the Canadian prairie will love this film. Steve Morrison's (director of photography) talent and Bevan's framing choices combine to create outstanding images, and make that desolate landscape and those colossal skies look as beautiful as they appear in my fondest reveries.

And that advanced screening was just on a tiny QuickTime Player on my laptop screen. I can't wait to see it in a theater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home