June 12, 2004

Big Weekend

The Waterfront Film Festival is well underway, (June 10th - 13th), boasting some great films such as the hugely anticipated Saved and Napoleon Dynamite which is being lauded as this year's indy-cult-favourite-in-the-making. Flickering Blue screened at 9:00 AM on Friday morning. The Waterfront programmers apparently felt that the early time slot might attract elderly viewers. Now, I don't know what the senior's community in Saugatuck, Michigan is like, but no golden-ager I know would rush out after breakfast to watch a film, even if its protagonist is one of their own.

The Waterfront website also posted the James Karen media release I quoted from in my previous post, which includes some interesting highlights from his career, great quotes about Flickering Blue, and even a few comments from our director, Harper Philbin.


The 'On a Sunday' (previously 'Sons and Fathers') shoot began this (Saturday) morning in Winnipeg. Bevan (director) tapped me for a last-minute scene rewrite on Thursday morning in preparation for what was forecasted to be a rainy weekend in southern Manitoba. The scene in question called for a hot summer day and an overheating school bus engine. I love it when Bevan does this to me. Seriously. It's great exercise...take a scene, turn it on its head, and make it work. I'll be heading out to Manitoba for the final days of the shoot on the last weekend in June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home