June 01, 2004

News

Bevan and I have been batting around titles for our short film since I first adapted the script from my short story, 'Father and Son Camp.' So, henceforth, the film previously referred to as 'Sons and Fathers' shall be called 'On a Sunday.' The new title represents the character the film has taken on in preproduction whereas the previous title obscured it. But I suppose you won't know that until you see the film, which, incidentally, goes to camera in Winnipeg on June 12th.

Last week the Red River Quartet recorded Mike Koop's The Living Word, the theme song for 'On a Sunday.'

And in other news...(really just a blatant attempt to prop up a fragile writer's ego)...this just in, a James Karen quote from a Waterfront Film Festival press release regarding 'Flickering Blue':

"[James] Karen spent several weeks in Michigan last summer working on the film
directed by GVSU film professor Harper Philbin and his all-student crew.
'I had three of the best weeks of my life working on that film. The
script knocked me out,' Karen said. 'The film is quite meaningful in
what it has to say.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home