August 12, 2004

On the Road

I've driven 2500 kilometers in the last three days, through Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Utah, finally crossing into Colorado on Tuesday night. I embarked on this extensive road trip for a couple of reasons, the first being that I'm attending the Crested Butte Reel Fest in support of my film, Flickering Blue, and the second is that my route takes me through a few of the world's mountain biking meccas. This trip services my two great passions, film and riding my bike, (in case you weren't paying attention).

I rolled into Crested Butte this morning after spending the night in Gunnison, where I rode Hartman Rocks. I was in Moab, Utah, the day before, and road the world-famous Slickrock Trail at sunset.

Tonight Flickering Blue screens in Reel Fest's Primetime Shorts program, after which I will be hosting a post-screening Q&A with director Harper Philbin.

The rest of the Reel Fest program looks pretty good, and I'm really looking forward to the Friday-night screening of 'We Don't Live Here Anymore,' starring Mark Ruffalo, Laura Dern, Naomi Watts and Peter Krause (one of my new favorite actors from Six Feet Under). The film's producer, Jonas Goodman, is in town to support the film and host a post-screening Q&A.

More soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home