November 04, 2006

Here We Go



This is an advance look at the Retired promotional postcard which will be distributed at screenings and festivals and whatnot. I had little to do with the postcard itself beyond writing the logline and, of course, the title. I really like the look on Cal's face - a combination of fear and defiance - which sets the right tone for the film you're about to see.

We've just begun to release Retired to festivals. It's an exciting, anxious time. The air is charged with potential as your baby goes out the door and into the world. Will it be accepted, understood, appreciated and seen by... thousands? Or not?

Time will tell.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Can't believe I didn't pester you to let me take a peek at this one...assuming you had an advance copy or whatever. Arggh!

November 04, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger Angelo said...

Yeah, your time in town was (as you've stated elsewhere) too short. Since then I've thought of a number of topics, thoughts and questions I meant to broach during our conversation that got pushed aside by things that seemed more pressing at the time. My policy has always been not to push my work upon friends unless they ask, but in this case it just never crossed my mind.

November 04, 2006 2:37 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Hope we can get a sneak peak at the film really soon! Looking forward to it!

November 04, 2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger Develo said...

I can't wait to check this one out. As a 16 year old gas jockey, I made a few trips to tire warehouses in the North End of the city, and am especially looking forward to seeing how the shots are set up. Hope you guys are in Van during the last week in November when we swing through.

November 05, 2006 7:10 PM  
Blogger Angelo said...

Develo, 'Retired' was shot in one such North End tire warehouse. You may just recognize it when you see it.

November 06, 2006 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home