January 02, 2006

Back to L.A.

I've been invited back to Los Angeles for a screening of 'Flickering Blue' at the Directors Guild of America next weekend. The DGA building on Sunset Boulevard is a stunning structure, and I remember standing in its shadow one sunny day the last time I was in Hollywood (for L.A. Shorts Fest) and wondering which famous director might be ambling its hallowed halls at that very moment.

Even though I've said it before, (in this instance I've enjoyed being wrong), this will likely be the last time I get to see 'Flickering Blue' on the big screen. This occasion marks the second time I've seen it on Sunset Boulevard -- the last time was at the Arclight Cinemas. I'm still very proud of this little film. It's been good to me.

My wife, Esther, will be joining me in Hollywood this time around, and I'm happy to have the opportunity to introduce her to my friend, director John Philbin, and our L.A.-based cast and crew including First A.D. Patrick Priest, cinematographer Jack Anderson, and the inimitable Jimmy Karen. Jimmy has had a very busy year, racking up four film credits, and working with such luminaries as director Bryan Singer and actress Eva Marie Saint on Superman Returns, and Will Smith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home