January 21, 2010

Finding The Story

I know it's been a while, but the doc I've been working on is finally coming together. (The delay has more to do with the life of our subject, Harvey Pollock, and a turn of events in his life that changed the direction of the film, than it does with the procrastination of filmmakers.) It's been a lot of fun to work with our editor, (via email and ftp server), watching how the scenes come together.

A lot of people have asked me how you write a documentary, and how is it different than writing a screenplay? And the best way I've been able to describe it is that you're attempting to find the story rather than create it.

2 Comments:

Blogger dee said...

I'm really looking forward to being able to watch this documentary. I think you explained the difference between a documentary and a screen play perfectly but the question now would be.....which do you enjoy writing more?

February 02, 2010 9:57 AM  
Blogger Angelo said...

Thanks, dee!

Both present unique challenges and rewards, but if I had my choice I'd be writing screenplays. Bottom line is, my favourite writing is for films that actually get made.

We don't have an air date for this doc yet, but it will be premiering on Omni television. (If you don't get it, I'm sure I can get my hands on a DVD.)

February 02, 2010 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home